product info >overview
The Natural Choice in Attic Venting!
The Solar Attic Fan is a simple and environmentally sensible solution that can save you money. Powered completely by free solar energy, this sleek and efficient vent is both compact and quiet. Fully operational right from the box, it installs easily, with no electrical wiring, no expensive electrician and city permits. And let's not forget powerful! A single 10 watt unit can fully vent up to 1,200 square feet, operating at up to 850 cfms. Place it wherever you need improved circulation; attics, lofts, workshops, storage sheds, garages, even barns.
Attic venting is an important aspect in maintaining a healthy energy efficient home. Proper venting cools your roof extending the material life and reduces the load on your air conditioning system. Attic venting also increases fresh air circulation which reduces vapor build up generated by every day activities like showering and cooking.
Excess moisture trapped in your attic can cause a variety of problems from rust and rot to increased bacteria and mold counts which can have a direct impact on your respiratory health! Passive vents have been a part of building codes for years. Soffit vents, ridge vents and louvers rely on nature to provide sufficient air pressure and air movement. So the majority of the time your attic is stagnant and continues to build up heat and moisture.
product info >advantages
1. Minimize backpressure of exhaust gases.
• Natural Light incorporates an angled throat within the flashing that provides a venturi effect, which increases airflow.
• Natural Light was designed from the ground up to minimize obstructions in the flashing and shroud.
2. Maximize the exposure of the sun to the solar panel.
• Natural Light designed a mounting bracket that houses the solar panel that allows for angling the panel.
• Natural Light offers an optional special order remote solar panel which is installed away from the attic fan housing. It is used in applications where there is limited sunshine where the unit is to be installed. The remote panel is installed in a sunny area, capturing maximum amount of sunlight and therefore achieving optimal attic fan performance.
3. Minimize the ambient temperature of the solar panel because power output rapidly declines as temperature increases.
• Natural Light powder coats the entire assembly, inside and out, in a neutral gray color thus ensuring that it does not act like a heat sink.
• The solar panel mounting bracket allows for an envelope of cool air to continually circulate around the entire solar panel.
4. Adaptable to any location, roof type, in any environment.
• Natural Light is constructed of .080 (14 gauge) aluminum, the flashing and shroud are seamless ensuring weather tight installations.
• Stainless steel animal protection screen.
• Stainless steel hardware throughout.
• Powder coated to withstand any environment.
• Fifty year Neutral Cure silicone bonds the flashing to the roof.
product info >benefits
Natural Light Solar Attic Fan Benefits
Lowers attic temperature which reduces the load on the HVAC System.
The most obvious reason for attic ventilation is to lower attic space temperature during the warmer months. Attic temperatures can exceed 160 F during hot summer days. Proper attic ventilation can reduce those temperatures by up to 50 F. No matter how much insulation is in the attic, heat can still transfer into adjacent living spaces. In fact, extra insulation can actually add to temperature increases because heat is trapped in the insulation. Proper ventilation evacuates this excess heat build-up. As the heat is exhausted, the work load of the air conditioning system is reduced, thereby saving energy and extending the life of the air conditioning system.
Extends the life of the roofing materials.
Though asphalt shingles are designed to take the abuse of the sun for many years, they are subjected to greater temperatures when the roof decking is allowed to overheat, which is just what happens in an under ventilated attic.
In the cooler months, moisture is the most serious concern. Even with the use of vapor barriers to keep moisture from entering the attic, there are air leaks around ceiling light fixtures, bathroom exhaust fans that allow unwanted moisture into the attic. Moisture condensing on the framing members and the inside of the roof deck can lead to the growth of mold, mildew and rot in the roof deck and framing. A good indicator of moisture problem is rusty roof nails sticking through the roof deck.
Asphalt shingle manufacturers warranties require proper attic ventilation.
Attic ventilation is required in cold environments - it evacuates the warm moist air that heat sources produce. Hot moist air lingering in the attic spaces can condense on the underside of the roof sheathing and rot it out and also causes mold to develop on the interior walls. Cold air in the attic space will not affect the temperature in the adjacent living spaces if properly insulated.
Prevents ice damming in colder climates.
product info >environment
Our Product is Environmentally Friendly!
Natural Light is constantly looking to improve the quality of life while protecting the environment.
• The Natural Light Solar Attic Fan is powered solely by the sun.
• Hot attics cause the entire house to be warmer. This gives your cooling system more work to do, wasting power and costing you money.
• Our attic fan reduces the temperature of your attic, saving stress on you cooling system, conserving power, and saving you money.
• We adhere to environmentally safe practices and procedures during the manufacturing of your Solar Attic Fan.
product info >competitive comparison
Better by Design...Natural Light Solar Attic Fan is engineered to be the best, incorpoating the best features, the best materials and the best construction, making it the Natural Choice over our competition!
Adjustable Solar Panel
Our solar attic fan is designed with a mounting bracket that houses the solar panel allowing the panel to be angled for optimum performance. Many of our competitors offer a fixed solar panel which can hinder the units performance.
Powder Coated Inside and Outside
Natural Light powder coats the entire assembly in a neutral gray color thus ensuring that it does not act like a heat sink. Many of our competitors either paint only the outside or do not paint the unit at all.
Aluminum Fan with 5 Blades
Natural Light offers a five-wing precision balanced aluminum blade for the highest cfm output. Many of our competition offer only 3 or 4 blades and many are made of plastic.
Aircraft Grade Aluminum Flashing
Natural Light solar attic fan flashings are manufactured from aircraft grade .080 gauge aluminum while many of our competitors flashings are manufactured from sheet metal or galvanized steel.
Aircraft Grade Aluminum Hood
Natural Light solar attic fan hoods are also manufactured from air-craft grade .080 gauge aluminum while many of our competitors offer either polypropylene (plastic), sheet metal or galvanized steel.
Best Product Warranty in the Industry
Natural Light offers a 25 year warranty on the housing, solar panel and motor - the best warranty in the industry.